Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bruiser

I just had a call from Brennan's pediatrician to reschedule his 6-month check-up (which was already going to be taking place at 7 months). Fine with me because I hate taking him in for shots and the ensuing few days of grumpy/tired/not-himselfness.
Because of the delay, I decided to do a little amateur check-up here at home. Brennan's somewhere around 22 lbs. and 30 inches at 6 months, 3 weeks. From what I can tell, that's off the charts in length and somewhere in the 90% range for weight. Kind of hard to believe that he's not even higher in weight when you take a look at his thunder thighs.
I forget that he's a big boy until we go out in public and I spot other babies that he could crush and find out that they're 3-4 months older!
Another thing- he's STRONG! I may think so just because I'm his mother, but honestly sometimes he overpowers me when he wants to grab something I don't want him to. Maybe it's a combination of being physically strong and strong-willed.
Brennan prefers standing to sitting these days. Any time that he is laying down and I grab his wrists to pull him up into a sitting position, he locks his legs and goes straight to standing. He can even support himself standing for a few seconds holding onto a coffee table or ottoman. I'm wondering if he's going to skip crawling altogether and go right to walking?
One thing's for certain, we're super proud of this kid and feel so lucky to have him in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment