We've been procrastinating in moving Brennan out of his crib, mostly because he's made it easy for us- no attempts to escape to date! However, with baby sister arriving this spring and her inevitably stealing the crib, we figured it was finally time to start the transition into a "big boy bed". His new mattress and box spring arrived this morning, he was so excited! After much debate over bed placement and set up (Billy wanted it pushed up against a wall partially blocking a window with a big, fence-like contraption attached to prevent roll-offs while I, being ever so practical, was more concerned with balancing the room and how to best show off his cute new bedding) we finally got her put together. Minus the cute bedding, which will arrive next week.
Our plan was to read to him on the bed, then put him into the crib for the next several weeks so that he could slowly get used to the idea of the bed. Instead, wouldn't you know it, when nap-time arrived today he wanted nothing to do with his crib. So there he lies, all sprawled out and content on his naked mattress.
Don't tell Billy, but about an hour into his nap I heard a faint thump followed by crying. All it took was a little snuggle and getting comfy again for him to doze right back off. I figure he'll master staying on the bed after a couple of harmless roll-offs , but we'll see if I still feel the same when said roll-offs take place in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep. We may just need to go with Billy's impenetrable fortress idea after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment