Sorry, no picture for this post...
We went to our first getting-ready-for-a-baby class last night, "First Time Mom & Dads". It was held at the hospital we will be delivering at in Salt Lake City. I have to say that the best part of the night was taking a tour of the facilities; I figured out why healthcare is so darn expensive!
For the labor portion we get a private room with a bed, a couch, a window with a view, a flat screen T.V. and either a shower or a jacuzzi-jetted tub. (I guess it depends on how high in-demand the tubs are when we get there). Afterward, we get moved to another private room with all of the same goodies but with a bigger window and even better view of the mountains. Billy was especially impressed that it "just doesn't smell like a hospital".
Other than that, I'm not sure if we really learned anything new. We've been devouring the 15-some-odd pregnancy and baby books that we have, so we felt pretty smart. We don't have another class until late September, but I'm really excited to go and learn in-person what it is that we're supposed to do to get through labor. We're actually taking 5 weeks of hypnobirthing classes, yes, I know it sounds new-agey, but my doctor recommended it to us since I'm determined to go drug-less.
After the class we were starving, and talked about having dinner in the hospital cafeteria, just for the fun of it. Common sense got the better of us, though, and we headed across the street for real food.
I wanted to take pictures of the cool rooms, but felt silly in front of all of the other couples...
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great hospital! How many minutes from your house!!!
ReplyDeletewow- sounds like a fantastic hospital Kate.
ReplyDeletea good view is alwasy nice for when you need to space out and breathe thru a surge.
We did hypno-birthing too- and it was great (and I did use the techniques despite the induction etc).
xo!