"tasty" beverage consisting almost entirely of sugar one hour before my doctor’s appointment. I don’t know what it worked out to, but I'm guessing the equivalent of 5 candy bars. Anyhow, after drinking this I felt a bit of a giddy, caffeine-like high and could feel my heart racing and little Deaver kicking away in my stomach. After our appointment, I was starving, but felt like I wouldn’t want to eat anything sugary for at least a week.…2 oatmeal cookies, 5 fig newtons and 5 dove chocolates later…I’m wondering what happened?! I'm feeling a little guilty. Hopefully I can sleep tonight and manage to break the cycle tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
The Slippery Sugar Slope
"tasty" beverage consisting almost entirely of sugar one hour before my doctor’s appointment. I don’t know what it worked out to, but I'm guessing the equivalent of 5 candy bars. Anyhow, after drinking this I felt a bit of a giddy, caffeine-like high and could feel my heart racing and little Deaver kicking away in my stomach. After our appointment, I was starving, but felt like I wouldn’t want to eat anything sugary for at least a week.…2 oatmeal cookies, 5 fig newtons and 5 dove chocolates later…I’m wondering what happened?! I'm feeling a little guilty. Hopefully I can sleep tonight and manage to break the cycle tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ooh fun. I had to go to the lab and guzzle mine in front of other people in the waiting room- the gal behind the desk had the nerve to ask me if I was done yet after a couple of minutes- Um, lady? I am drinking pure suryp here, give me a minute!!
ReplyDeletesee you in a few weeks!! yeah!