So I've been scolded (by two different people!) this past week for being a bad blogger...I definitely need to work on this! It's been over a month since my past post, which wasn't a very good post at that. Sorry!
We took a quick labor day trip to Truckee, luckily Billy was able to join me halfway through the trip. I was really nervous about driving across Nevada by myself (there are way too many warnings/horror stories posted online about pregnant women on road trips). The drive was without issue, though. Just a lot of stops to hit the restroom and stretch/move around. I must have looked like an idiot doing squats and calf raises while pumping gas.
Mike & Jen and Brian & Julie took some time off so we got to spend some good time with them and playing with Keegan and Maggie. Maggie's three (!) now, we actually celebrated her birthday for a few of the days while we were there, which basically meant that I ate cupcakes galore. Here's Maggie whipping up some pancakes on her actual birthday with her dad and uncles.
I also had a baby shower, which was awesome. My mom's friend Cathy was nice enough to throw it, and it was really fancy and fun. We were overwhelmed by the amount of gifts, and are still trying to get everything put away. Unfortunately we sort of forgot about taking pictures, but my friend Vanessa brought her super-fancy camera so I do have this pic of Vanessa, Emily (two of my best girlfriends from growing up) and I from the big day.
Back to the grind now and waiting, waiting, waiting...
We also had a pseudo-shower again later that day at my mom & dad's house. Billy had arrived in the meantime so we had saved some family gifts for him to open and enjoy.
Other than that, time flew by way too quickly. I wish we could take longer vacations, but at this point with Billy's schedule and little Deaver on the way, it's only going to get harder! Our last day in Truckee we took my mom & dad out "lunch hopping". We stopped at Garwood's and Jake's on the Lake for appetizers and just had a fun, relaxing afternoon. Oops, forgot to take a pic of mom & dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment