Last summer, when Billy and I first moved to Utah, my sister Molly came out to visit and we drove up into the Uintas mountains for some hiking and scenery. It's soooo pretty up there, and reminded me of the Lakes Basin area in northern California, where my family has been hiking for a few generations now. And luckily, it's only about a 45 minute drive from our house.We took a quick hike in to a lake (I can't remember the name now, but there are THOUSANDS of lakes up there), got nailed with an out-of-the-blue storm carrying quarter-sized hail, then also stopped at Mirror Lake and walked around once the storm had passed.
The lake is just off the main road, not really a hike and not exactly off the beaten path (there were lots of campers, kayakers and fishers), but it's just such a nice spot and a nice place to stop and enjoy the scenery.
So I've decided there's one major difference between the Uintas and Lakes Basin; Up here it seems we have about a one-month window to enjoy the area. I'll have to remember this next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment