Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Comes Early!

So just as I was saying that I haven't really had any cravings...

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and didn't have to go back to work (yippee!) I decided that nothing sounded better than curling up and taking a nap. When I woke up around 6:00, I found myself desperately craving Thanksgiving dinner.

Luckily Billy was driving home from work and I somehow convinced him to stop at the store and buy all the "fixings". He decided to treat it like a "quickfire challenge" (we're big fans of Top Chef). He whipped up an awesome meal in just under an hour. How did I get so lucky?!And of course, there's nothing like lounging and being lazy after Thanksgiving dinner. It helps when you have a giant dog that is super cuddly and likes to spoon.

2 comments:

  1. mmm comfort food.
    so lucky to have a quick fire cheif in the house ;)

    missing you girly. hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how cool is that. All I can whip up is microwave popcorn or canned soup!

    ReplyDelete