Sunday, May 30, 2010

Spring Catch-Up

I seem to have forgotten to download any pictures during the last month and a half, thus a long, rambling post about what we've been doing...
I previously mentioned that I was going to be going back to work for Hyatt...I had to attend a 6 hour orientation, the longest I have ever had to leave Brennan, which had me a little nervous. Billy managed to get a day off and hung out with him, which was the most reassuring thing I could have asked for. I spent the day feeling "off", partially because it was weird to be away and partially because this was the exact orientation that I conducted for four years. It turned out there was nothing to worry about, this was what I came home to:

Little B was fast asleep, snuggled into big B.
It was also around this time that I realized that Brennan has "cankles".
We spent March and April moving back and forth between Nana & Papa's rental house, their actual house and Molly's house, which added up to 5 moves total. That didn't exactly motivate us to find our new home and move again! We are still taking our time, and I have to say that life at my mom and dad's has been wonderful. They are a big help, we're in a beautiful place, and it's so nice to have grown people to interact with while Billy is off working long hours. My mom, Brennan and I have been taking walks, and on one of the nice afternoons we were able to relax on the front porch and enjoy the sun.
We also had the chance to go to a Reno Aces game and visit Billy at work. Brennan was so good, but of course it completely threw off his sleep for a week!
And this is probably of no interest to anyone other than me, but I made my best (looking, at least) egg bake to date:
I've been trying to keep Nana & Papa well fed, which is hard to do since there are about 3 things that I cook well, but they don't seem to have gotten sick of them yet!
Olivia has gotten used to life with a baby- she smothers Brennan with kisses whenever she gets the chance and likes to be nearby to protect him at all times. Here she is perched to attack any shady characters that may try to approach Nana and Brennan in the background.
Over Memorial Day weekend Brennan and I met up with Molly and our friend Hannah, as well as some Truckee girls. There was a wine tasting at Northstar on Saturday, so we wandered about and enjoyed the beautiful day. Little B had a rough start but then was his usual happy self and seemed to have fun being out and about and meeting new people.
Then on Sunday we headed up to Virginia City, again with Molly and Hannah...what a strange and interesting place! It turned out not to be the most baby friendly (saloons, saloons, saloons, big crowds, smokers everywhere and loud motorcycles), but he hung in there pretty good considering. I can now say that I brought my baby to the Bucket of Blood Saloon at 6 1/2 months. Not sure if that's something to be proud of.

Hmm, looking at these pictures it seems that I may need to get Brennan some different bibs!

1 comment: