Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finally!

Somebody is finally eating! What a relief!
I know I said that I wasn't worried about it, but we were getting to that point where everywhere I went, someone would ask "would you like a highchair so you can share your scone with him?" or "can I give him some of my banana?".
I had taken Brennan to the doc's office about two weeks ago because he had been tugging on his ear and although I suspected it was due to teething (he got 4 top teethe in less than a week!), I wanted to be sure it wasn't an ear infection. While there, I mentioned his aversion to food, and was referred to see either a speech therapist or occupational therapist. Up until this point, B was still gagging, making faces and choking to the point of throwing up any time that we tried to feed him, from the very first bite each time.
We got in to see a speech therapist on Wednesday, and as we were waiting for our appointment one therapist said to another, "Guess what this 7-month old is here for...he's not eating!" Great laughs were had by all as the kid clearly is not starving...
Anyhow, wouldn't you know it, as we go to demonstrate his eating to the therapist, he laps it up, swallows away, and opens his mouth for more. Little stinker! We tried again at home the next day with no problem, and he's been fine since. Sweet potatoes were the secret, I think. I tried to mix some rice cereal into the sweet potatoes this morning and we went back to square one. I guess rice cereal is not his thing.
Anyhow, what a relief!
And for a photo, here's Billy's and my favorite from the past couple weeks:

He had such a blast in Aunt Molly's little red tub!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like he and O have a similar palette. get that rice cereal out of here lady, I want the real deal. Sweet potatoes rocked our world!
    so glad to hear he is on the adventure to real food :)
    and look at that goofy ball sweet pie. I just want to squish him!

    ReplyDelete