So the lack of blog posts these past couple of months hasn't been for a lack of things going on, but rather, a missing camera chord coupled with my lack of technological know-how. I feel terrible that I haven't posted any updates on Brennan, especially because he's changing so quickly right now. Some day down the road when I find the chord (which Billy insists is in the red backpack, along with everything else important that he thinks is in there but isn't) I will download lots of photos that for now are just sitting on our camera. In the meantime, you'll just have to use your imagination and picture the pictures!
We've up and moved from Park City back to Truckee. This happened rather spur-of-the-moment, but we couldn't be happier! Billy's company posted a job opening in Reno in late January, he had the job by late February, and now, here we are. I came out a couple weeks earlier than him with Brennan and my mom, then he followed with Olivia. We've been crashing at my parents' rental house for the last couple weeks, and now for the moment are house-sitting for my sister Molly in Reno while she's off eloping in Venice...crazy!
Only a couple of weeks in to work and Billy is back into his usual groove of long, stressful hours, but I think he likes Reno so far. If nothing else, this town has c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r!
We're going to take our time house-hunting this time around. With the past few moves we haven't done our research, which has led to living in one house in the middle of nowhere and another that smelled of dog pee. No thank you, we're finding the perfect place this time around! I've been doing a bit of driving around, checking out neighborhoods, so I think I'm starting to get a feel for where we'd like to be.
Brennan is changing sooooo much, it feels like on a daily basis! I can remember putting him in his bumbo just a month ago before we came out here and quickly realizing he wasn't ready for it. He looked like a bobble-head and his whole upper body just waved around in circles. He's a pro at sitting in that thing now! He's also spent the past month trying to master the roll, and as of yesterday has it perfected. His vocabulary is growing rapidly, and over the past week his favorite sounds to make have become loud, high-pitched shrieks...not my favorite, but I guess I'm glad he's finding his voice!
I'm also having fun just being able to do so many things with Brennan now. I'm no longer afraid to take him to the grocery store now that flu season is nearly over and the sun is shining. That's made life so much easier. And he doesn't seem to mind running random errands with me when I simply need to get out of the house. We've also been taking long walks with the stroller, which he seems to love, and he's always happy to kill some time playing in his "jungle" or exersaucer. It's funny to picture the little blob that he was until just recently now that he's totally alert and checking things out!
Let's see, what else.....
I'm heading back to work on-call for Hyatt, yippee! This will sound corny, but I loved working for them so much and feel like I'm going home to my family. The great thing is that I can make my own schedule and have family watch Brennan when I need them to. That's the other awesome thing about being home- my mom has been fantastic about helping me out! She says that she doesn't mind because I make her coffee in the morning, but if you ask me, that works out a little lopsided. Papa (my dad) also helps out, he's been busy training Brennan to be a super-athlete.
Okay, that's it. Pictures (hopefully) coming soon!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kate, can't wait to see you tonight. We are so glad to have you and the boys back in town!!! Let's see what we can do about the camera thing, what kind do you have again? maybe I can help :)
ReplyDeletelater skater~